At W Smith & Sons we have always taken the safety of our staff and clients very seriously. Following the recent government guidelines, we feel that there are changes we must adhere to in order to help contain the spread of this harmful virus. Crematoriums have already set in place significant changes and we believe more will come in the near future. This is what we already know.
The Heart of England and Fradley Crematoriums – there can only be a maximum of 25 people in the chapel and everyone must follow the social distancing guidelines. The curtains must remain closed to reduce cross-contamination
Sutton Crematorium – there can only be a maximum of 6 people in the chapel and everyone must follow the social distancing guidelines. The curtains must remain closed.
Canley Crematorium – there can only be a maximum of 5 people at the service.
W Smith & Sons Guidelines –
- We will be removing the option to have a family limousine. All funerals will now have to follow in private cars from the house or meet at the graveside or crematorium.
- We will be making all the arrangements by telephone. If it is essential for you to come into the office please call prior to your visit and we will advise you accordingly.
- Essential paperwork for funerals will be dealt with via delivery and return. We may ask that you return paperwork, via our letterbox, but can discuss individual circumstances with you.
- For the Chapel of Rest (for non-Covid-19 only) visits will be limited to 2 people at any one time.
- Following social distancing guidelines, we ask that you reduce the numbers attending services to include immediate family only. Some Churches have already introduced maximum numbers and we can advise you of these. Numbers can be minimised by not publicly advertising the funeral. A memorial service can be considered once this situation is behind us.
- A donation box will no longer be available. Donations can be posted to our offices, put through our doors or can be sent directly to the chosen charity.
If anybody has any further questions feel free to contact our offices via telephone or email on [email protected]
We urge everybody to stay safe during these very difficult times and, wherever possible, remain at home.